It’s the middle of summer, and it’s hot. You walk into your home after a long day at work, and the first thing you want to do is turn on the AC to cool down. But, when you go to do that, you realize that your AC isn’t working! This can be a huge inconvenience, and it can be dangerous in extreme heat conditions.
If this happens to you, don’t panic. There are plenty of companies that offer AC replacement services. In this blog post, we will discuss why AC replacement is essential and how to go about finding a company who can help you with the process.
How Replacing Your Old AC System Can Benefit You
At Intelligent Design, we have worked with many clients who have come to us for air conditioning replacement services. Over time, your AC system will start to wear down and won’t be as effective as it once was. This experience has given us firsthand knowledge of the benefits that come with replacing an old AC system. Some of the main advantages of AC replacement include the following:
1. AC Replacement Improves Energy Efficiency
Energy efficiency is one of the primary reasons why our clients choose to get a new air conditioner system. Unfortunately, as your AC system starts to age, it will become less and less energy efficient. This means that you’ll have to use more energy (and money) to cool down your home.
In fact, according to Energy Star, replacing an old and inefficient central air conditioner with a new Energy Star certified model could cut your cooling costs by 30 percent.
Not only will you save money on your energy bill, but you’ll also be doing your part to help the environment. When you replace your old air conditioning unit, you can choose a new HVAC system that is a more energy-efficient model. This will help you save money and reduce your carbon footprint.
Here are a few tips to help you choose an energy-efficient AC system:
- Look for the Energy Star label – This label indicates that the product meets strict energy-efficiency guidelines set by the EPA.
- Choose the right size – If your AC unit is too small, it will have to work harder to cool your home. This can lead to increased energy costs and decreased efficiency. Conversely, if your AC unit is too large, it will cycle on and off more frequently, leading to higher energy costs.
- Consider a split system – A split system has an outdoor unit that is connected to an indoor unit by refrigerant lines. This type of AC system is more energy-efficient than a traditional central air conditioner because it doesn’t lose any cool air through ductwork.
- Look for SEER rating – The Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) is a measure of an AC unit’s efficiency. The higher the SEER rating, the more efficient the unit is.
- Choose a variable-speed air conditioner – A variable-speed air conditioner can save you money on your energy bill because it runs at different speeds to maintain the desired temperature in your home.
Investing in a new AC system is a big decision, but when you choose an energy-efficient model, you’ll be saving money in the long run.
2. AC Replacement Reduces Operating and Repair Costs
Another advantage of AC replacement is that it can help you save money on operating and repair costs. As your AC system ages, it will start to break down more often and will need more repairs.
Not only will this be a hassle, but it will also be expensive. In some cases, the cost of repairs can be so high that it’s more economical to replace the entire system. If your AC system is outdated, it may also be using an outdated refrigerant. This can lead to higher operating costs because the system has to work harder to cool your home.
New heating and cooling systems will operate at optimum efficiency, which can save you money on your energy bill. They will also have a warranty, so if anything does go wrong, you won’t have to pay for the repairs.
3. AC Replacement Results in Better Cooling
As your AC system ages, it will lose its ability to cool your home effectively. This is because the parts inside the system will start to wear down and won’t work as well as they used to.
If you’ve noticed that your home isn’t as cool as it used to be, it’s probably time to replace your AC system. A new AC system will provide you with the cooling power you need to keep your home comfortable all summer long.
How to Know When It’s Time for an AC Replacement
Now that you know the benefits of AC replacement, you might be wondering how you can tell when it’s time to replace your system. Here are a few signs that indicate it’s time for an AC replacement:
- Your energy bills have increased – If you’ve noticed that your energy bills have been increasing, even though your usage hasn’t changed, it could be a sign that your AC system is losing efficiency.
- Your AC unit is more than 15 years old – The average lifespan of air conditioners is 15-20 years. If your unit is older than this, it’s probably time to start thinking about replacement.
- You need frequent repairs – If you find yourself calling for repairs more and more often, it’s probably time to replace your air conditioning system.
- Your home isn’t as cool as it used to be – If your AC unit can no longer cool your home effectively, it’s time for a replacement.
You should also have your AC system inspected by a professional every year. This will help you identify any potential problems early on, so you can avoid costly repairs down the road.
Our team of certified technicians at Intelligent Design can provide you with AC annual maintenance so you can keep your AC system running smoothly. We also offer AC replacement services if it’s time for a new system. Contact us today to schedule a consultation!
How to Go About AC Replacement
If you’ve decided that it’s time to replace your AC system, you might be wondering how to go about it. Here are a few tips:
- Schedule a consultation – The first step is to schedule a consultation with a certified technician. They will assess your current system and recommend the best replacement option for your home.
- Choose the right unit – When selecting a new AC unit, it’s important to choose one that’s the right size for your home. If the unit is too small, it won’t be able to effectively cool your home. If it’s too big, it will use more energy than necessary.
- Get a professional installation – Once you’ve selected your new AC unit, it’s important to have it installed by a professional. This will ensure that it’s installed correctly and that it will operate efficiently.
AC replacement is a big decision, but it’s one that comes with many benefits. If your AC system is outdated or no longer effective, replacement might be the best option for you. Our team of certified technicians at Intelligent Design can help you select the right AC unit and provide professional installation services. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation!