Drain clogs are a hassle for everyone, causing annoying and sometimes smelly water buildup that can often be difficult to eliminate. Fortunately, you don’t have to go it alone when tackling this problem – professional plumbers bring their years of experience directly to your doorstep!
Professional drain cleaning is fast, effective, and the best way to keep your pipes and drains clear of any buildup or blockage. So what exactly can a trained plumber do when dealing with stubborn booms? Let’sLet’s look at how they can perform accurate drainage services like no other.
Why Drain Cleaning is Important
Drain cleaning is an important task that helps maintain your plumbing system’s efficiency and functionality. Here are five reasons why drain cleaning is necessary:
Regular drain cleaning can help to prevent clogs from forming, which can cause severe issues with your plumbing. Clogged drains can lead to overflowing sinks, toilets, and showers, which can cause water damage and even create hazardous conditions.
Improves drain flow
Over time, grease, soap scum, and other debris can build up in your drains, leading to reduced flow. Regular drain cleaning can help remove this buildup and improve water flow through your plumbing system.
Prevents sewer line issues
Clogged drains can lead to problems with your sewer line, which can be expensive to repair. Maintaining clean gutters can help prevent issues with your sewer line and avoid costly repairs.
Protects against bacteria and germs
Clogged drains can harbor bacteria and germs, harming your health. Regular drain cleaning can help to remove these harmful substances and keep your home clean and safe.
Extends the life of your plumbing
Proper maintenance, including regular drain cleaning, can help extend your plumbing system’s life. By keeping your drains clean and free of blockages, you can help to prevent damage to your plumbing and avoid costly repairs.
Common Causes of Clogged Drains
Clogged drains are a common problem that can be frustrating and inconvenient. But what causes these clogs in the first place? Here are five common causes of clogged drains:
- Hair: This is one of the most common causes of clogged drains. When hair collects in the drain, it can form a clog that can be difficult to remove. To prevent this clog, use a drain cover to catch hair and debris.
- Soap scum and grease: Grease and soap scum can build up in your drains over time, leading to clogs. To prevent this buildup, avoid pouring grease down the drain and use hot water to help break up soap scum.
- Foreign objects: Flushing foreign objects down the drain, such as paper towels, feminine hygiene products, and baby wipes, can cause clogs. To prevent this type of clog, only flush toilet paper and human waste down the toilet.
- Tree roots: If tree roots grow near your sewer line, they can grow into the line and cause a clog. This type of clog can be difficult to remove and may require the assistance of a professional plumber.
- Mineral deposits: Hard water can leave behind mineral deposits in your pipes, which can eventually lead to clogs. To prevent this type of clog, consider using a water softener to reduce the number of minerals in your water.
By understanding the common causes of clogged drains, you can take steps to prevent these issues from occurring and keep your plumbing system running smoothly.
How Professional Plumbers Perform Drain Cleaning
As a homeowner, you rely on your plumbing system to keep your home running smoothly. When your drains become clogged or slow, it can be a major inconvenience and even cause damage to your home.
That’s where professional plumbers come in. These trained professionals have the tools and knowledge to effectively clean and unclog your drains, ensuring that your plumbing system is functioning at its best.
But how exactly do professional plumbers go about cleaning and unclogging drains? Here’s a closer look at the steps involved in the process:
1. Inspection Process
Using a camera to inspect the interior of your drain pipes, plumbers can identify where the clog is located and what kind of blockage it is. This inspection process allows them to decide how best to clean and unclog the drain. After the inspection, they can finally choose the best action to take.
2. Performing the Different Methods Suited to Each Clog
Once the plumber has identified the clog, they can take the necessary steps to remove it. Different methods may be used depending on what kind of blockage is present. Some common methods include:
- Drain snaking: Plumbers commonly use this technique to clear blockages and unclog drains. The plumber will insert a long, flexible snake into the drain to break up any clogs or debris causing the blockage.
- Pressure washing: A pressure washer can break up large clogs and remove stubborn debris from your pipes. The plumber will use water at high pressure to blast away any buildup, leaving your pipes clean and free-flowing.
- Hydro jetting: In some cases, a plumber may use hydro jetting to clear away blockages and buildup in the drain. This involves using a high-pressure stream of water to blast through the blockage and clear the drain.
- Chemical cleaners: Another option for removing blockages is to use chemical cleaners, which are poured down the drain and work to dissolve the blockage.
- Physical removal: In some cases, the blockage may be too large or difficult to remove using other methods. In these cases, a plumber may need to physically remove the blockage using tools such as pliers or tongs.
3. Final Inspection
After performing the suited method, the plumber can inspect the drain to ensure that all debris has been cleared away. They may also use a camera to do a final inspection and ensure that the blockage is completely gone. The plumber may also flush the drain with water to ensure it is fully cleared and functioning properly.
The Benefits of Hiring a Professional Plumber
At first glance, hiring a professional plumber to clean and unclog your drains can seem like an expensive endeavor. But the truth is that by doing so, you can get many benefits that you wouldn’twouldn’t be able to get on your own. Here are some of the benefits that you can enjoy when you hire a professional plumber for drain cleaning:
- Professionals have the tools and expertise to perform the job properly and safely.
- Professional plumbers can often spot potential issues with your plumbing that could lead to bigger problems down the line.
- Professional plumbers understand how to properly maintain and care for drains, so they can help you keep them running smoothly in the future.
- Hiring a professional plumber to clean and unclog your drains is often much faster than doing it yourself, which saves you time and hassle.
- Professional plumbers can often provide tips and advice on preventing future blockages or issues with your plumbing.
By getting professional help, you can ensure that your drains are properly cleaned and unclogged, avoiding any potential damage or costly repairs down the line. And, of course, it also helps to save you time and hassle in the process. If you have a blocked or slow drain, make sure to call in a professional plumber right away!
At Intelligent Design, our experienced plumbers are here to help. We offer comprehensive drain cleaning and unclogging services, including snaking, pressure washing, hydro jetting, chemical cleaners, and more. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help you keep your drains clean and flowing freely.
Tips for Maintaining Clean Drains
In addition to calling in the professionals for regular maintenance and unclogging, there are also a few steps you can take on your own to help maintain clean drains.
- Avoid pouring cooking grease or oil down the drain, as it can build up over time and cause blockages.
- Always use a fine mesh strainer in your sink to catch food particles and other debris that can cause clogs.
- Don’t flush anything down the toilet except for toilet paper – never flush wipes, tissues, or sanitary products, as they can cause blockages.
- Choose biodegradable soaps and detergents whenever possible, as they can help reduce buildup in the pipes.
- Use Enzymatic drain cleaners. These cleaners use natural enzymes to break down and dissolve grease, soap scum, and other debris that can cause clogs in your drains. If you’re experiencing clogged bathroom drains, using an enzymatic drain cleaner can be a safe and effective way to remove the blockage.
- For more serious clogs, such as sewer clogs, you may need to use a traditional chemical drain cleaner or call a professional for sewer cleaning services. You can try pouring boiling water down the drain in partially clogged drains to help break up the blockage.
Contact a Professional Plumber Today!
Drain blockages can be a major nuisance, and tackling them on your own can be risky and time-consuming. It’sIt’s important to call in a professional plumber with the experience and necessary tools to clear away the blockage safely and efficiently. Plus, they can provide advice on how to maintain clean drains in the future.
If you have a blocked or slow drain, don’t hesitate to call in the experts at Intelligent Design today! We are here to help. Contact us for more information on our services and how we can help keep your drains clog-free.