Summer is in full swing, and that means one thing – it’s hot outside! If you’re like most people, you rely on your air conditioner to keep you cool during the summer months. But what do you do if your air conditioner starts acting up? Do you try to fix it yourself, or do you call for AC repair?
Even minor AC unit problems can turn into major issues if they’re not addressed quickly. That’s why it’s important to know the signs that indicate you need AC repair. AC repair cost can be expensive, but it’s nothing compared to the cost of replacing your entire AC unit.
In this post, we’ll share seven signs that it’s time to call for professional air conditioner repair.
1. Strange Noises Coming From the AC Unit
If you start to hear strange noises coming from your air conditioning system, it is definitely time to call for repairs. These noises could be a sign that there are serious issues with your unit that need to be fixed as soon as possible.
Some of the most common noises that indicate a need for AC repair include:
- Grinding – This sound usually indicates that there is a problem with the compressor.
- Hissing – A hissing sound coming from your AC system could be a sign that there is a refrigerant leak. This is a serious issue that needs to be fixed immediately.
- Clanking – A clanking noise could indicate that there is something loose inside the AC unit. This could be a simple fix, but it is always best to have a professional take a look.
Repairing air conditioners is a complex task that only trained and experienced professionals should perform. If you hear any of these noises coming from your AC unit, don’t hesitate to call for repairs.
2. Warm Air
When you feel warm air coming from your AC unit instead of cold air, it is a sign that something is wrong. Your AC unit should be blowing out cold air, so there could be an issue with the compressor or Freon levels if it’s not.
Ensure that the thermostat is set to cool mode and not heat mode. If it is set to cool mode and you’re still feeling warm air, it’s time to call for AC repair. However, air conditioning problems can often be fixed quickly and easily, so don’t wait to call for help.
3. Insufficient Airflow
Poor airflow is another sign of an issue with your AC unit. If the airflow is insufficient, it could be a sign of a clogged air filter or a problem with the blower fan.
A clogged air filter is an easy fix that you can take care of yourself. Simply replace the air filter and see if that improves the airflow. If it does not, then it is time to call for AC repair. Air conditioning replacement might be necessary if the blower fan is not working properly.
In some cases, insufficient airflow can also be caused by a problem with the ductwork. If you think this might be the case, it is best to have a professional take a look.
4. Moisture Leaking From HVAC Unit
A certain amount of condensation is normal for AC units. However, if you start to see excessive moisture leaking from your unit, it’s a sign that there is a refrigerant leak. This is a serious issue that needs to be addressed by a professional as soon as possible.
Don’t wait to fix it, because the problem will only worsen and lead to more expensive repairs down the road. At Intelligent Design, our team of skilled technicians will quickly and efficiently fix the problem so you can have peace of mind.
5. Frequent Cycling
Air conditioners should go through a cooling cycle every few minutes. However, if you notice that your AC unit is cycling more frequently than usual, it could be a sign of an issue with the thermostat, compressor, or Freon levels.
A quick air conditioner tune-up can often fix this problem. However, if you’ve noticed that your AC unit has been cycling more frequently over the past few months, it’s probably time to call for AC repair.
6. High Humidity Inside Home
If you’ve noticed that the humidity levels inside your home are higher than usual, it could be a sign of an AC unit issue. High humidity levels can lead to mold and mildew growth, so it is vital to address the problem as soon as possible.
Here are some of the different things that could be causing high humidity levels:
- Leaking ductwork –If your ductwork is leaking, it could be allowing humid air into your home.
- Clogged drain line – The drain line helps remove water from the AC unit. If it becomes clogged, it could cause water to leak into your home, leading to high humidity levels.
- Refrigerant leak – A refrigerant leak can also cause high humidity levels inside your home.
If your cooling system is having any of these issues, it’s important to call for AC repair right away. Our friendly, well-trained air conditioning repair technicians have the ability to service, install and repair air conditioning systems of all types and sizes.
7. Rising Electric Bills
If you’ve noticed that your electric bills have been rising, even though you haven’t been using your AC unit more than usual, it could be a sign that your unit is struggling to operate efficiently.
There are a number of different issues that can cause an AC unit to lose efficiency, including:
- Dirty air filter – A dirty air filter can restrict airflow, causing your AC unit to work harder than it needs to.
- Frozen evaporator coils – If the evaporator coils freeze, they won’t be able to absorb heat properly, which will cause your AC unit to run for longer periods of time.
- Refrigerant leak – As we mentioned before, a refrigerant leak can cause your AC unit to lose efficiency.
Rising electric bills are one of the most common signs that it’s time to call for AC repair. If you’re looking to save money on your energy bills, give us a call. We can help you get your AC unit running efficiently.
Have Issues With Your AC Unit?
Has your air conditioner stopped working? Are you looking for someone to do a quick AC repair? Look no further than Intelligent Design. The sooner you address the problem, the less chance there is of further damage being done.
At Intelligent Design, our trusted air conditioning repair team is available 24/7 to help you with AC repairs and AC replacement. We understand that comfort is important, which is why we work quickly and efficiently to get your AC unit back up and running.
Give us a call todayto schedule a repair! We’re here to help you keep your home comfortable all summer long.