When your existing cooling system is reaching the end of its life, it’s natural to want to know the new installation cost of central air conditioning so you can plan your budget accordingly. Many people call our office here at Intelligent Design hoping to be given an installation quote over the phone. Unfortunately, giving an over-the-phone quote would be doing you a disservice. In fact, any company that does offer you a quote without taking a look at your home can’t possibly give you an accurate quote. This is a serious red flag. It indicates you should steer clear of those companies because they clearly don’t take the time to customize their services to the individual customer’s needs.
Why You Shouldn’t Rely on a Phone Estimate for the Cost of Central Air Conditioning
Buying a new air conditioning system and an installation sight unseen is a lot like buying a home without actually visiting the property first. It’s simply impossible to know if a new home will fit your family’s needs, lifestyle, and preferences unless you visit it in person. At Intelligent Design, our policy is not to give pricing info over the phone because we pride ourselves on accuracy and transparency.
With an over-the-phone quote, the technician hasn’t had a chance to measure your home to determine the ideal size and capacity of the new AC system. The technician also hasn’t been able to discuss with you exactly what you’re looking for in a new AC. Furthermore, an over-the-phone quote does not offer you the chance to carefully consider all of your options. The cost of central air conditioning varies widely from one system to the next. It’s necessary to evaluate all of the most appropriate choices before choosing the system that’s right for your family.
Which Factors Affect the Cost of Central Air Conditioning
Intelligent Design performs comprehensive evaluations when providing free estimates for new central air conditioners. Many HVAC companies that offer in-person estimates will only take 10-15 minutes to check out the home before giving a quote. In contrast, our technicians consider all applicable factors to provide the most accurate quote possible.
There are many factors that affect the cost of central air conditioning and its installation. Here are a few for your consideration:
- Certification: It’s never advisable to have an uncertified technician install your system because it will be installed improperly and will likely fail prematurely. In addition, this could void your warranty.
- Sizing and capacity: It’s never a good idea to buy a new system without having your home evaluated for the proper AC size and capacity. You can’t trust the old system’s size because it might have been wrong for your space, or the space may be used differently now than in previous years.
- Energy efficiency: An energy-efficient unit will cost more than one that is less efficient. However, it will reduce your energy bills (as long as it’s installed properly and you schedule routine maintenance).
- Ductwork: It’s possible that your existing ductwork is leaky or otherwise inadequate for a new system. The technician may need to make some modifications to it or install new ductwork.
- Features: You can choose from a variety of add-ons for your new system. These will increase the cost, but they will also enhance your family’s comfort level. Examples include humidification systems and UV air purifiers.
Another factor to consider is the warranty. Every new AC system will come with a manufacturer’s warranty. However, you may find it worthwhile to invest in an extended warranty. This will add to the upfront costs, but it may reduce your expenses later on if repairs are needed.
How to Determine the Cost of Central Air Conditioning for Your Home
Because it’s impossible to give an accurate quote over the phone, it’s necessary to schedule an in-person estimate. The certified technician will ask you some questions about your budget, lifestyle, and preferences. Before your appointment, it’s a good idea to think about what you liked and didn’t like about your existing system. This can give the technician an idea of what you’re looking for. Then, the technician will measure your home and evaluate the usage of different rooms before giving you a free estimate. If you’re working with Intelligent Design, this estimate will include a few options that are within your budget.
Since the cost of central air conditioning varies so widely from one home to the next, the only way to develop an accurate estimate for your installation is to schedule a free appointment with one of our certified technicians. Intelligent Design is pleased to offer free estimates on all new AC installations in Tucson and the surrounding areas. We’ll also be happy to answer any questions you have about installing a solar system for greater savings. You can reach our friendly office staff at (520) 333-2665 to request your complimentary, no-obligation appointment.