Air Conditioning Installation
- FREE ESTIMATES
- 24 Month Parts and Labor Warranty
- Free Diagnostic with Repair
- Interest Free Financing (OAC)
- 24/7 Emergency Service
- No Extra Charges for Appointment Times
- BBB A+ Accredited
Does your air conditioner fail to keep your home cool and comfortable in the summertime? Is your air conditioning unit more than 10 years old? If the answer to these questions is yes, then it’s likely time to purchase a new air conditioner
When it comes to AC installation, you won’t want to simply hire the first company you contact. You should get quotes from a few different HVAC companies and ask some essential questions to ensure that you get the right unit for your home for a fair price. One question you’ll want to ask any prospective air conditioning specialist is who performs the installation itself. If the company uses subcontractors, then you should move on. Companies that employ licensed, experienced HVAC technicians in-house for installations and repairs will typically provide better service that you can count on.
At Intelligent Design Air Conditioning, Heating, Plumbing, and Electric, we are confident that you will choose us for your AC installation in Tucson. We stand by all of our work with a 100% satisfaction guarantee, and we supply only the most reliable leading brands of residential and commercial HVAC equipment to cater to each client’s needs.
Selecting the Right Unit for Your Home
After you’ve determined that new AC installation is the right step for your home, you will need to select a unit. This is where our years of experience at Intelligent Design can be particularly beneficial. We can help you decide how much cooling capacity your home truly needs, so you won’t be overpaying to keep your home comfortable. We can also guide you through your AC unit options, allowing you to invest in a system that works best for your household.
- Central Air Conditioning – Central air conditioning is the most popular type of air conditioning in Tucson. With a central air conditioner, a large outdoor unit will supply cool air to the entire home through a series of ducts. When shopping for a central AC unit, you will need to consider the entire square footage of your home, since the unit will be cooling the entire space at once.
- Ductless Mini-Split Air Conditioning – If you rarely spend time in certain rooms of the house, or you are adding a home addition, then a ductless mini-split air conditioner may be better suited to your home. Ductless systems still utilize an outdoor unit, but air is delivered through individual indoor handlers that can zone cool the house. Each indoor unit has its own thermostat.
Air Conditioner Efficiency
Another key component to consider when shopping for a new air conditioner is the energy-efficiency rating for the unit. Modern air conditioners are much more energy efficient than older models, and they have also phased out the use of R-22 refrigerant (also known as Freon). So, any new air conditioner is likely to be more environmentally friendly than the one you already have. However, there is still lots of variability in energy-efficiency ratings.
Every new air conditioner will have a SEER rating, or seasonal energy efficiency ratio. These numbers range from 13 to 21. 13 is the federal minimum efficiency rating, while 21 is maximum efficiency. However, simply purchasing a unit with a rating of 21 may not be the most economical choice for your home. You will want to balance the energy efficiency of the unit with your potential cooling costs for the life of the unit. For many homeowners, that will mean selecting a unit in the 14-17 SEER range.
AC Installation Process
Once you’ve selected your AC unit, the installation process can begin. First, a technician will visit your home to take measurements and assess any ductwork or electrical work that needs to be completed to install the new system. Then, you will schedule the installation itself. Typically, installation can be completed in 1-2 days. However, more time will be needed if new ductwork must be installed.
At Intelligent Design, we work to keep AC installation simple, easy, and affordable, so you can simply focus on your comfort. To discuss your home cooling needs in Tucson or the surrounding areas, give us a call at (520) 214-8811.