Air Conditioning Maintenance
- FREE ESTIMATES
- 24 Month Parts and Labor Warranty
- Free Diagnostic with Repair
- Interest Free Financing (OAC)
- 24/7 Emergency Service
- No Extra Charges for Appointment Times
- BBB A+ Accredited
Your air conditioner is an essential appliance in your home. However, you may not give it much thought until it stops working as well as it used to. Instead of waiting for your air conditioner to break down and require serious repairs, you can save yourself time, money, and stress by opting for seasonal AC maintenance from Intelligent Design Air Conditioning, Heating, Plumbing, and Electric. Our team of experienced, certified technicians can provide annual maintenance that will keep your AC in great working condition. In turn, you will be less likely to experience an AC emergency in the midst of a summer heatwave.
Why is AC maintenance important?
Maintaining your air conditioner has numerous benefits. First, AC maintenance ensures that you aren’t overpaying on your home cooling costs, because it keeps your unit in peak working condition. Additionally, regular maintenance can lengthen the life of your unit. Finally, AC maintenance can improve your overall air quality at home. Here’s a closer look at how these benefits are achieved.
- System Efficiency – During an AC tune-up, your HVAC technician will check all components of the AC unit to ensure they are in working order. The technician will also check for any leaks, clogs, or buildup that could be hampering the AC’s cooling capacity. As a result, your air conditioner will simply work better during peak seasonal use, saving you money on your energy bills. In fact, scheduling an annual maintenance visit could help save you up to 15% on your cooling costs. Additionally, it will spare you from early breakdowns, so you can get more life out of the current unit.
- Air Quality – Another step in the maintenance process is changing the system’s filters. Over time, dust, dirt, and other particulates get into your HVAC system. Filters help to keep these contaminants from recirculating, but they need to be changed regularly to remain effective.
What’s included in seasonal AC maintenance?
Ideally, you would set up a maintenance contract as soon as you install a new air conditioning unit. This will guarantee that the unit is always running at top efficiency. However, it’s never too late to start implementing seasonal AC maintenance for your existing system. Even if Intelligent Design did not install your air conditioning unit, we can provide annual maintenance. Springtime is often ideal for air conditioning maintenance, and you can set up an annual appointment to ensure that this checkup doesn’t get overlooked year after year.
When you schedule seasonal AC maintenance, you can expect a few key tasks to take place during the system tune-up:
- Check thermostat settings.
- Check electrical connections and current voltage readings.
- Visually examine AC components and lubricate moving parts.
- Replace air filters.
- Remove debris from area surrounding outdoor AC unit.
- Check condensate drain for clogs and obstructions.
- Check refrigerant levels and top of system, if necessary.
- Clean evaporator and condenser coils.
If your air conditioner is past-due for annual maintenance, or you want to set up a maintenance contract to keep it in great condition, call Intelligent Design at (520) 214-8811.