If you’re looking for a Solar Panel Installation Company in Tucson, then look no further! When thinking about the benefits that solar panels could have for your home you need answers to all your solar questions. However, it’s much different actually planning for solar panel installation and starting to power your home with renewable energy. If you feel ready to convert to solar, Intelligent Design’s solar panel installers are ready to walk you through the installation process. Whether you’re going solar at your home or your business, you can expect a similar installation timeline.
What is solar power/energy?
Solar energy comes from the sun. It can be used to power things like homes, cars, and even satellites! When the sun shines on a solar panel, it sends out photons. Photons are little packets of energy. The photons hit electrons in the solar cell, and those electrons get excited. That’s how electricity gets generated!
Why go solar?
Solar energy is a renewable and environmentally-friendly source of power. Although photovoltaic (PV) arrays and other solar energy systems are expensive to build, they can operate for many years at little additional cost thanks to free access to their fuel – sunlight.
Solar power is becoming less expensive, with falling PV prices and low interest rates reducing the cost of generating power from rooftop PV arrays.
A Look at Solar Panel Installation in TucsonTo plan your solar panel installations in Tucson, AZ, you can expect to have at least one consultation at the jobsite, whether that’s your residence or a commercial building. Measuring and assessing the area allows our solar panel installers to calculate how much available sunlight is at the site and where the panels should be positioned to harvest the most energy. Here’s a look at the steps that will follow.
- Determine the right size and positioning for your solar system – After assessing how much solar resource is available, we can determine how large your system needs to be to meet your energy needs. Once we know how many solar panels you need, we can begin mapping out the installation, including the orientation and tilt of the panels. Try Google’s Project Sunroof .
- Apply for necessary permitting – Commercial and residential solar systems will require local permits. Fortunately, that’s a step that our solar panel installers will handle for you. We’ll walk you through permit paperwork and fees, so you can rest assured that your system is fully up to code once it’s installed.
- Install system components at the worksite – After planning and permitting, it’s time for the solar panel installation to take place! Solar panels may be installed on the ground or the roof, depending on your property layout and preferences. If panels are going on the roof, a structural assessment will take place to determine if any reinforcements are needed to support the system’s weight.
- Plug in and power on – Once installation is completed, you’ll be plugged into the municipal power grid. However, you’ll be getting most of your energy needs met by the sun itself! In fact, you’ll likely supply more power to the local grid than you use—that means you’ll get credits to eliminate your regular electric bill entirely.
How to Choose Solar Panel Installers in TucsonSolar power is in demand, and with so many sunny days in Tucson, there’s no shortage of local solar installers. However, not all solar companies are alike. The solar company needs to be licensed, insured, and experienced. Even more importantly, they should assist in exploring solar investment tax credits, financing options, and permitting needs. Intelligent Design checks these boxes and goes the extra mile with exceptional customer service on every job. Call us today at (520) 333-2665 for a free solar estimate.
The Benefits of a Solar Panel Installation
In today’s energy-conscious world, an increasing number of homeowners are making the decision to go solar. Fortunately, installing a new solar system in your home is much easier than you might think! Our certified solar electricians have extensive experience installing, repairing, and servicing modern solar panel systems. If you’re thinking of installing solar equipment at home, your journey begins by giving us a call with your questions.
- Solar energy is one of the cleanest, safest forms of energy in the world, and it doesn’t produce any hazardous emissions.
- A solar panel installation can help to reduce your electric bill by providing you with a dependable alternative source of energy in your home.
- There are several investment tax credits and other incentives available at the federal, state, and local levels to help reduce the investment in solar installation.
- Solar installations from a certified solar panel company require little to no maintenance, and a state-of-the-art installation should continue to provide you with solid, dependable service for a long time.
- Rooftop solar panels can lower the temperature of your roof, helping you reduce your need to run your air conditioning to keep your home at a comfortable temperature.
- The cost of solar equipment and solar panels is comparatively low, so purchasing and installing high-quality solar panels is now more cost-effective than ever.
- Thanks to the low price of solar panels and solar equipment, purchasing and installing a high-quality solar panel installers & solar installation is now more cost-effective than ever.