A central air conditioner is essential for removing the hot air and circulating cool air throughout your home. But when your air conditioning unit unexpectedly breaks down, the situation can quickly become an emergency.
That’s why it’s essential to have a reliable team of professionals to provide emergency AC repairs and get your unit back up and running as soon as possible. Unfortunately, ac repair can be costly and time-consuming. Luckily, you can take some steps to help avoid ac repair altogether!
Why ACs Tend to Break Down
Before we dive into our ac repair avoidance strategies, let’s see how ac works. As the temperature outside begins to rise, the warm air can quickly make your home feel uncomfortable and stuffy. The evaporator and condenser coils are critical components of an air conditioning system.
The evaporator coil, located inside the air handler, absorbs heat from the air inside a building and transfers it to the refrigerant flowing through it. The condenser coil, located outside, then releases this heat to the outside air. Inside the air handler, the blower motor drives a fan that circulates the cooled air throughout the building.
Unfortunately, these parts can break down due to age, wear and tear, or general misuse. The air filter is one of the ac parts that tend to break easily. They are especially prone to clogging up with dirt and dust; when this happens, your ac won’t be able to cool your home effectively. Other ac problems can be caused by insufficient maintenance, electrical issues, or a leaky refrigerant line.
7 Foolproof Ways To Avoid AC Repair
Now that you know some of the common ac problems, here are seven foolproof ways to avoid ac repair this season:
1. Change the Dirty Air Filter Regularly
This is one of the essential ac maintenance tasks. Most ac filters should be changed every three months or more often if you live in an area with high levels of dust and dirt. Doing this simple task can help your ac run more efficiently and reduce the chances of ac being repaired down the line.
2. Keep the Area Around Your AC Unit Clean and Clear.
It’s important to keep the area around your ac unit free of debris, leaves, and other obstructions. This will prevent ac repair caused by clogged drainage pathways or blocked air intakes.
3. Schedule Regular AC Maintenance Appointments with a Professional.
Central air conditioners tend to break down due to a lack of maintenance. That’s why scheduling regular ac tune-ups with a professional ac technician are important. During these appointments, the technician can check for any ac repair needs and prevent ac problems before they become serious.
It’s important to have your ac serviced at least once a year by a qualified ac repair technician. This will ensure that your ac is in good working order and can help you identify and fix any potential ac problems before they worsen.
4. Keep Your AC Unit in Tip-top Shape All Season Long.
It’s not enough to just have an ac tune-up once or twice a year—you need to keep your ac unit running all season smoothly! Be sure to clean the exterior of your ac unit regularly, inspect it for any signs of damage, and make sure the electrical connections are secure.
5. Get Familiar with Common AC Problems and Their Solutions.
If you’re familiar with ac repair and maintenance, you can spot ac problems before they become too serious. Get to know the most common ac issues, such as a clogged air filter or an electrical issue, and how to fix them without having to call a professional ac technician.
6. Invest in a Programmable Thermostat.
A programmable thermostat can help you save money on your energy bills by automatically adjusting the temperature in your home when you’re not there. This means that your ac doesn’t have to work as hard when no one is home—which can reduce the need for ac repair over time.
7. Contact an AC Repair Specialist if You Have Any Concerns.
If you notice any ac problems, don’t wait until it’s too late to call in an ac repair specialist. A professional ac technician can diagnose and fix most ac issues before they become serious.
By following these seven foolproof ac repair avoidance strategies, you can keep your ac running all season!
When to See an Ac Repair Service Technician
Do you notice unusual ac noises with your air cooling unit, but you are unsure whether it is a severe problem? To help you be sure of ac repair troubles, here are some common ac noises to look out for when they indicate that you need ac repair help.
- Clanking – Clanking or rattling sounds could signify loose nuts, bolts, screws, and panels in the ac unit. It is recommended to have an ac technician inspect the ac unit and fix it immediately.
- Buzzing – Buzzing noise can mean something wrong with the AC unit’s electrical components in the ac unit, such as blown fuses, bad motor bearings, or faulty capacitors. In such cases, contact an ac technician immediately so they can diagnose and fix any electrical problems with your ac unit before they become even more serious.
- Humming – A noise usually indicates that the ac motor is running. This could mean that your ac unit has worn-out motors, and you should contact an ac repair technician to replace them.
Aside from those annoying noises, you should seek professional ac repair services if you notice any of the following issues:
- Your ac isn’t cooling your home properly.
- There is a strange noise coming from your ac unit.
- Your ac unit is leaking water or refrigerant gas.
- The air filter is clogged with dirt and debris.
- The thermostat isn’t working correctly.
- The fan on your ac unit isn’t running correctly.
- There are signs of electrical problems with your ac unit (such as burned-out wires or sparks).
By being aware of all ac related problems and understanding ac repair avoidance strategies, you can prevent ac issues from happening in the future. However, if you experience ac problems, be sure to Intelligent Design as soon as possible so we can diagnose and fix the issue before it becomes even more serious.
Contact Intelligent Design Today!
Doing regular ac maintenance is key to avoiding costly ac repairs—so be sure to take the time to inspect your ac unit periodically and make any necessary repairs or adjustments. And when in doubt, don’t hesitate to call in a professional ac repair specialist! They will be able to quickly identify the issue and get your ac up and running again.
Do you hear strange noises coming from your ac unit? Or is it not cooling your home properly? If you have any ac related concerns, don’t wait until it’s too late. Call Intelligent design now! We will be able to quickly identify the issue and get your ac up and running again.
Our team of knowledgeable technicians is ready to help with your air conditioning systems needs! Contact us today to learn more about our quality air conditioning repairs and maintenance services.